At Krisp, we are developing and launching applications that enhance professionalism and productivity of everyone. Krisp mutes background noise bi-directionally during calls and is the only software available in the market to do so as an application, becoming a virtual microphone and speaker within Windows, Mac OS, and VDI. We are out front leading this market, with partners and customers including Sitel, Concentrix, Discord and many others. Our team is defining the future of how remote employees vastly improve their voice and video communications.
Krisp is an award winning product, loved throughout the world. In 2020, Krisp has been recognized as:
- Forbes AI 50 most promising AI startup
- Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star
- TIME 100 Best Inventions
- Gartner Cool Vendor
We are a remote-first company, so you can work from anywhere. However, based on the business need some roles are considered for specific locations.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile Senior Backend Engineer with product thinking and customer focus who is eager to build the backend of the Krisp app. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in building complex web apps, is proactive, and has a doer mentality.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implementation of the web APIs and backend database architectures
- Ensure the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Ensure security in all designs and implementations, including an end to end protection of sensitive data
- Constantly maintain web services uptime monitoring and alarming system to ensure world class SLA
- Collaborate with Application Dev teams to support and facilitate new production features development as well as issue diagnosis and resolution
- Support Customer Care, Marketing, and Sales teams to address common and specific customer issues
- Lift the skills and expertise of those around you.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience working as Backend engineer or relevant position
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Experience with AWS, server management and deployment for the relevant environment
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture is a plus
- Database design and management both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with different CI/CD platforms
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Serverless
- Knowledge of web security best practices
- Knowledge of common design patterns
- Knowledge of Algorithms and data structures
- Ownership over own work and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way
- Readiness to join a remote-first work environment and agile workflows.
Benefits at Krisp:
- Stock options
- Learning and development assistance
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Maternity Leave Top-up
- Gym reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Work from forest (remote work initiatives)
Krisp is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employees and contractors of Krisp treat each other with respect and empathy.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications.