At Krisp, we are developing and launching applications that enhance professionalism and productivity of everyone. Krisp mutes background noise bi-directionally during calls and is the only software available in the market to do so as an application, becoming a virtual microphone and speaker within Windows, Mac OS, and VDI. We are out front leading this market, with partners and customers including Sitel, Concentrix, Discord and many others. Our team is defining the future of how remote employees vastly improve their voice and video communications.
Krisp is an award winning product, loved throughout the world. In 2020, Krisp has been recognized as:
- Forbes AI 50 most promising AI startup
- Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star
- TIME 100 Best Inventions
- Gartner Cool Vendor
We are a remote-first company, so you can work from anywhere. However, based on the business need some roles are considered for specific locations.
We are looking for a talented Senior ML Engineer to join our experienced research team at Krisp. You will join a team working on a unique technology around the Noise Cancellation problem. You will support a research product's complete life cycle. This includes software development, gaining domain-specific knowledge related to the problem, research into state-of-the-art approaches to similar problems, data preparation, and training of cutting-edge ML/DL algorithms, determination of testing priorities, fine-tuning of models, etc.
What You'll Do:
- Gain domain-specific knowledge
- Studying the digital representation of audio and video data
- Digital Signal Processing
- Human Speech Structure
- Relevant manipulations of speech and video data
- Research and implement appropriate ML/DL algorithms and tools for the Noise Cancellation problem
- Research, find and use appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Conduct ML experiments, look at test cases, and advise QA on adjacent code/regression impact; own the technical testing and performance plan
- Fine-tune models based on test results and user feedback, train and retrain systems when necessary
- Be on top of industry trends, research and propose new technologies
- Ensure professional software development
- Own and lead security, performance, availability and scalability aspects of the project
- Communicate technical decisions through design docs and tech talks
- Mentor junior engineers via pairing, design review, and code review
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs and lead to solutions that take all such requirements into consideration.
What We’re Looking For:
- MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
- Knowledge of mathematics, particularly linear algebra, probability, statistics, optimization
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or a similar role
- Ability to write production-level code in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch) and relevant libraries
- Understanding of training data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- In-depth understanding of mathematical ideas underlying ML algorithms
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with voice and digital signal processing is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit.
Benefits at Krisp:
- Stock options
- Learning and development assistance
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Maternity Leave Top-up
- Gym reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Work from forest (remote work initiatives)
Krisp is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employees and contractors of Krisp treat each other with respect and empathy.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications.